Quote Originally Posted by dave52_47 View Post
Trinity,
What exactly is your point about the similarities? All I can see from what you are saying is that there are some things in some religions that are like some things in other religions? What does all this prove? And what does it have to do with the OP of this thread?
Into all serious Universities the program of the first cycle in theology (Baccalaureate) includes a course on compared religions. Also, anyone can do a major in Religious Studies. One of my sons has a Baccalaureate in Religious Studies from the University of Ottawa.

That proves that Mahomet had also borrowed from the Judaism and Christianity. That was his raw material to reinvent the faith.

I give an example. We the Christians we had borrowed our conceptualization about the hell from the Greeks, and not from the Jews. The sheol is a very boring place, nothing happens there, a real waiting room, a darkness place under the ground. The souls are almost in a state of catalepsy. Otherwise, into the hades, the souls are awake and they can suffer.

That also proves that God is disclosing himself but men interpret these revelations with the help of the human language and by their world representation.

The relation with this thread and the New Age Movement is obvious. There is nothing new under the sun.

Trinity