Quote Originally Posted by Columcille View Post
If the new technologies are cheaper... the free market world would adapt to make a profit. You need to build a bridge to get to alternative energy production. As is, we are starting to go bankrupt with bailouts and who knows how taxing environmental restrictions are going to be with the new incoming adminstration. You should be happy that we suffer at the pump and people lossing ***s... we are being forced to conserve to save your precious planet. Besides how fickle is the low cost of oil anyways? It is always in a state of flux due to many factors in supply and demand, foreign relations with oil producing nations, and even natural or manmade disasters, and politicians wanting to tax more and more. It always seem harder to reduce taxes on a permanent basis than it is get money hungry politicians to cut spending.

I do not think we have the infrastructure yet to make the alternatives cost effective. It seems we need conservatives to take up on that issue, but look how the press treats Sarah Palin! Here she is trying to help build a natural gas pipeline, and she is a religious and prolife nut by the left wingers. The wackos in the left just cannot get past their rhetoric with substance. Even they were dupped by Bernie Madoff of a 50 billion dollar scam. I suppose since most were Democrats, I wonder if there is going to be a bailout for these suckers. I think Rush Limbaugh is right, there is no such thing as a moderate. From a religious perspective, Jesus had it right when he says you are either for me or against me; also, evil is not the opposite of good, it is a perversion of good. As such, a moderate is a lefty whose rhetoric is clothed with conservativism, just as a Mormon who says their Christian.
Yup, totally agree with ya on that.

I can't help but think of this as the judgement of God because of how the world seems to be rejecting him.