Thread: Global Warming

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Columcille

When two competing conservative principles are in conflict, the one that is against justice is suppressed in favor of the most just. Hence, a conservative principle of self-actualization may compete with another conservative principle as fairness in the given individual. Hence, when business's are corrupt... unions help to reign in fairness, but when unions are run amuk or run the bat for incompetant employees rather than allowing the company to replace them... it hurts those individuals who are competant and pull their weight of the workload. In such situations the unions are unnecessary and wasteful. As is, it is harder to disband a union once they are intrenched. The face of unions needs a facelift where we can reign them in also. The double standard of liberals is that companies are evil greedy enterprises, but when ***s are about to be lost and unions are threatened by the hand that feeds them is about to go bankrupt... that is a different thing. I guess conservativism attempts to balance the claims of Permanence and the claims of Progress. I sort of like the ten conservative principles: http://www.kirkcenter.org/kirk/ten-principles.html

I mention this because it seems there is a new literary criticism forming in our era... Marxism is obvious, Feminism is obvious, but now comes the Environmental critic. All things now are subject to the new liberalism. All Hail Al Gore, the mighty revealer of an inconvenient truth! All Hail Michael Moore, the mighty slob and Bush hatemonger! This is the face of your new religion. The spokespeople of the elite Hollywood and Washington DCers! Down with gun ownership, up with big government, abortion on demand, comp***ionate euthenasia, and the modern day men in tight tights Robyn Hood!
    Last edited by Columcille; 12-18-2008 at 09:50 PM.