DBerrie2000 said: "How could God the Father appear to Jesus Christ in the Mount of Transfiguration, and announce His Only Begotten Son?"

Define "appear" because it was NOT bodily.

Jesus was transformed before His disciples. It would have been of great interest to have heard the words our Lord was speaking to the Father as His appearance began to be changed. Jesus is then called Son by a voice in the sky from God the Father, as in the baptism of Jesus.

Matthew 17:5-8 While he was yet speaking, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold, a voice out of the cloud, saying, "This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him." And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were sore afraid. And Jesus came and touched them and said, "Arise, and be not afraid." And lifting up their eyes, they saw no one, save Jesus only.
Luke 9:34-36 While he thus spoke, there came a cloud and overshadowed them, and they were afraid as they entered into the cloud. And there came a voice out of the cloud, saying, “THIS IS MY BELOVED SON. HEAR HIM!”And when the voice was past, Jesus was found alone. And they kept silent, and told no man in those days any of those things which they had seen.
Mark9:7-8 And there came a cloud overshadowing them: and there came a voice out of the cloud, "This is my beloved Son: hear ye him."And suddenly looking round about, they saw no one any more save Jesus only with themselves.
2 Peter 1:16-18 "For we did not follow cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we were eyewitnesses of his majesty. For he received from God the Father honor and glory, when there was borne such a voice to him by the Majestic Glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased: and this voice we [ourselves] heard borne out of heaven, when we were with him in the holy mount.

Show me Biblical Scripture that proves the Father "appeared" bodily to Jesus Christ in the Mount of Transfiguration. There was a cloud and a Voice and.... Jesus alone. I wonder why? Maybe because the God the Father is Spirit and God the Son was housed in a body?