Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 122

Thread: 'Twas the Night Before Smithmas!

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,480

    Question 'Twas the Night Before Smithmas!

    'Twas the night before Smithmas, and all through the temple,
    Not a cumelon was creeping, or a tapir, (for ex-emple!)
    The garments were hung out to dry in the air,
    But fortunately for us, we have two extra pairs.

    The children were stashed at Gramma's homestead,
    While Mom and Pop got dunked once again for the dead!
    And Mom in her veil, and I in my old bakers' cap,
    Had just about finished another endowment wrap!

    When beyond the temple grounds I heard a big clatter
    Even sprang from my seat to see about the chatter;
    To the pentagram window I flew like an eagle,
    Peered out to see some Christians - they were legal!

    The icky tall towers cast a shadow below
    But still I could see someone I did know.
    For what to unbelieving eyes should appear,
    But my eldest daughter and hubby, my greatest fear!

    With signs held high, walking about and about
    And above the din, I could even hear them shout!
    Rapidly, quickly, their sentences came,
    And they shouted each "profit", yes even by name!

    "Now Smith, now Young, now Kimball and Monson!
    Come on Woodruff, and Taylor, and every man's son!
    To the top of the temple, to the top of the spire!
    Each man can explain why he did conspire"!

    "Joseph Lied"! They shouted as the leaves began to fly,
    We've met the Tanners, and discovered the lies!
    So come out and face us, bring the whole crew!
    Hinckley and "Fielding," and McConkie, too!

    And then in a while, I perceived on the roof!
    That Moroni was laughing, banging his hoof!
    And as I turned back to see my dear wife,
    I saw her run and cry, "getting out with my life."

    The wiggling hand dropped from the eerie veil,
    And soon the whole crowd ran out, 'cept the frail!
    Some hobbled along, they didn't look back,
    'Til there was just me, and Satan in black!

    Old Slew Foot's eyes flashed, as he called after the flee-ers
    "Ha, you fools won't escape, you can't be "believers."
    You see, you've covenanted Joe Smith to obey,
    If you don't, why then fools, I'll rule the day!

    But the stump of one sign still stood on it's pole,
    And it's words could be seen, even thru the cold!
    "Joseph has lied, no first vision , he's a boaster!
    Moronoi never existed, and Smith's an impostor!

    The Christians rejoiced as the Mormons streamed out,
    And I couldn't help hearing them put up a shout!
    With a smile and a prayer, they welcomed the lost,
    And told them the Gospel, Good News in the frost!

    And they spoke God's Word, going straight to their work,
    Filling hearts with hope, and healing the hurt!
    They passed out Bibles, and with tears in their eyes,
    Praised the God of the Universe, who vanquishes lies!

    And with hope's spark in my heart, I ran out to see,
    My family who cared to love, love mother and me!
    And I heard them exclaim, as they prayed so intense!
    "Good bye Joseph Smith, and to Satan, get thee hence"!
    Last edited by Apologette; 12-16-2013 at 03:36 PM.
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,268

    Default

    Hey Apologette, please do yourself and the rest of the world a favor and don't ever lie again saying that you do this out of love for the LDS. By this you clearly show anybody interested enough to read through it that you really don't respect the LDS at all. No class.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snow Patrol View Post
    Hey Apologette, please do yourself and the rest of the world a favor and don't ever lie again saying that you do this out of love for the LDS. By this you clearly show anybody interested enough to read through it that you really don't respect the LDS at all. No class.
    I have no respect at all for a cult that lies it's way into the homes of "contacts" and lies its way into peoples' minds by pretending to be something they are not....a restoration of Christianity. However, as for Mormons themselves - they are victims of Joseph Smith, and those who followed him and are in power. They are deceived, apart from God, without hope unless they repent and come to Christ.
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Apologette View Post
    I have no respect at all for a cult that lies it's way into the homes of "contacts" and lies its way into peoples' minds by pretending to be something they are not....a restoration of Christianity. However, as for Mormons themselves - they are victims of Joseph Smith, and those who followed him and are in power. They are deceived, apart from God, without hope unless they repent and come to Christ.
    Nonetheless, still no common decency in your example of supposed "Christian" love. It is simply pitiful that at this glorious time of year the filth that you present for the cause of your christ just shows the state of your heart. I'm a little surprised that other "Christians" haven't recognized the sleaze and asked that you remove it.

    Anyway, for all that read this forum, look at the type of posts that come from those who really are anti-lds person. Because someone who truly loved their neighbor, LDS, would not post something like this.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snow Patrol View Post
    Nonetheless, still no common decency in your example of supposed "Christian" love. It is simply pitiful that at this glorious time of year the filth that you present for the cause of your christ just shows the state of your heart. I'm a little surprised that other "Christians" haven't recognized the sleaze and asked that you remove it.

    Anyway, for all that read this forum, look at the type of posts that come from those who really are anti-lds person. Because someone who truly loved their neighbor, LDS, would not post something like this.
    Merry Smithmas! Hopefully one day you'll be celebrating "Merry Christmas."
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

  6. #6
    Senior Member neverending's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Apologette View Post
    'Twas the night before Smithmas, and all through the temple,
    Not a cumelon was creeping, or a tapir, (for ex-emple!)
    The garments were hung out to dry in the air,
    But fortunately for us, we have two extra pairs.

    The children were stashed at Gramma's homestead,
    While Mom and Pop got dunked once again for the dead!
    And Mom in her veil, and I in my old bakers' cap,
    Had just about finished another endowment wrap!

    When beyond the temple grounds I heard a big clatter
    Even sprang from my seat to see about the chatter;
    To the pentagram window I flew like an eagle,
    Peered out to see some Christians - they were legal!

    The icky tall towers cast a shadow below
    But still I could see someone I did know.
    For what to unbelieving eyes should appear,
    But my eldest daughter and hubby, my greatest fear!

    With signs held high, walking about and about
    And above the din, I could even hear them shout!
    Rapidly, quickly, their sentences came,
    And they shouted each "profit", yes even by name!

    "Now Smith, now Young, now Kimball and Monson!
    Come on Woodruff, and Taylor, and every man's son!
    To the top of the temple, to the top of the spire!
    Each man can explain why he did conspire"!

    "Joseph Lied"! They shouted as the leaves began to fly,
    We've met the Tanners, and discovered the lies!
    So come out and face us, bring the whole crew!
    Hinckley and "Fielding," and McConkie, too!

    And then in a while, I perceived on the roof!
    That Moroni was laughing, banging his hoof!
    And as I turned back to see my dear wife,
    I saw her run and cry, "getting out with my life."

    The wiggling hand dropped from the eerie veil,
    And soon the whole crowd ran out, 'cept the frail!
    Some hobbled along, they didn't look back,
    'Til there was just me, and Satan in black!

    Old Slew Foot's eyes flashed, as he called after the flee-ers
    "Ha, you fools won't escape, you can't be "believers."
    You see, you've covenanted Joe Smith to obey,
    If you don't, why then fools, I'll rule the day!

    But the stump of one sign still stood on it's pole,
    And it's words could be seen, even thru the cold!
    "Joseph has lied, no first vision , he's a boaster!
    Moronoi never existed, and Smith's an impostor!

    The Christians rejoiced as the Mormons streamed out,
    And I couldn't help hearing them put up a shout!
    With a smile and a prayer, they welcomed the lost,
    And told them the Gospel, Good News in the frost!

    And they spoke God's Word, going straight to their work,
    Filling hearts with hope, and healing the hurt!
    They passed out Bibles, and with tears in their eyes,
    Praised the God of the Universe, who vanquishes lies!

    And with hope's spark in my heart, I ran out to see,
    My family who cared to love, love mother and me!
    And I heard them exclaim, as they prayed so intense!
    "Good bye Joseph Smith, and to Satan, get thee hence"!
    Apologette,
    Having been born and raised LDS and my father was a temple worker for over 7 yrs. I was sorry to see this supposed poem. I don't think we can be taken seriously if we are making fun of something that the LDS hold dear. Kind of like someone making fun of our crosses or Pastors wearing robes. Maybe you could delete this thread.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by neverending View Post

    Apologette,
    Having been born and raised LDS and my father was a temple worker for over 7 yrs. I was sorry to see this supposed poem. I don't think we can be taken seriously if we are making fun of something that the LDS hold dear. Kind of like someone making fun of our crosses or Pastors wearing robes. Maybe you could delete this thread.
    Sorry if you take it that way, but it is the end of the poem that is intended to be the teaching. It was intended to vindicate those who stand outside the temple and protest what's going on inside. I consider the temple rites of Mormonism to be occult, and participation in them spiritually dangerous. I also recall that its rites mocked Christian preachers as money-grubbing servants of Satan. So sorry your father was involved with these occult rites, however my father (and other family members) was involved in Masonry, which I also consider to be occult. These things need to be cast out in Jesus' Name. Hereditary bondage can be overcome by the Blood of the Lamb.
    Last edited by Apologette; 12-18-2013 at 08:59 AM.
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snow Patrol View Post
    Hey Apologette, please do yourself and the rest of the world a favor and don't ever lie again saying that you do this out of love for the LDS. By this you clearly show anybody interested enough to read through it that you really don't respect the LDS at all. No class.
    Joseph Smith didn't respect orthodox Christianity, either. Did he have class?

  9. #9
    Senior Member James Banta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    9,942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ma'am View Post
    Joseph Smith didn't respect orthodox Christianity, either. Did he have class?
    Respect of another's beliefs is not required of the LDS people.. After all ever other religion but theirs is part of the Great and Abominable Church of the Devil.. Since mormonism is the only true church, it passes that all others are false.. After all right in their scripture we read:

    1 Nephi 14:10
    There are only two churches, one of the Lamb of God and one of the devil


    Christian insist that they are NOT part of or associated with the LDS church.. That would mean that they would perceive Christians as being part of the Great and Abominable Church of the Devil..

    One of the more contemporary leaders of the LDS church has said:

    This is not just another Church. This is not just one of a family of Christian churches. This is the Church and kingdom of God, the only true Church upon the face of the earth. (Teachings of Ezra Taft Benson, pp. 164-165)

    Is that not evidence that they have no respect for any other religion.. They will act as through they are part of the lager ecumenical community when the facts are they look down their noses at all other churches as teaching error! Smith's history tell the whole story as his Jesus told him that all the churches are WRONG.. Even their Jesus has no class according to Snow's definition that respect is required to have class.. The mormon Jesus must have had no love for mankind allowing more than 1700 years to pass before repairing the damage done by men to the Church of the first century. Didn't he care about those people? Were they cursed by God? The same as to why millions of Blacks before 1978 were cursed by God because of the color of their skin? Tell me who is recorded in God's word to be the first Gentile to hear the Gospel? A BLACK MAN!

    The cheep mormon copy of the Real Jesus is a very hateful, classless, man made, man invented god.. The doctrines and teachings of mormonism, as well as those that invented them deserve no respect.. IHS jim
    Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
    Psalm 119:105

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    on hole 17 at the masters
    Posts
    2,171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    Respect of another's beliefs is not required of the LDS people.. After all ever other religion but theirs is part of the Great and Abominable Church of the Devil.. Since mormonism is the only true church, it passes that all others are false.. After all right in their scripture we read:

    1 Nephi 14:10
    There are only two churches, one of the Lamb of God and one of the devil


    Christian insist that they are NOT part of or associated with the LDS church.. That would mean that they would perceive Christians as being part of the Great and Abominable Church of the Devil..

    One of the more contemporary leaders of the LDS church has said:

    This is not just another Church. This is not just one of a family of Christian churches. This is the Church and kingdom of God, the only true Church upon the face of the earth. (Teachings of Ezra Taft Benson, pp. 164-165)

    Is that not evidence that they have no respect for any other religion.. They will act as through they are part of the lager ecumenical community when the facts are they look down their noses at all other churches as teaching error! Smith's history tell the whole story as his Jesus told him that all the churches are WRONG.. Even their Jesus has no class according to Snow's definition that respect is required to have class.. The mormon Jesus must have had no love for mankind allowing more than 1700 years to pass before repairing the damage done by men to the Church of the first century. Didn't he care about those people? Were they cursed by God? The same as to why millions of Blacks before 1978 were cursed by God because of the color of their skin? Tell me who is recorded in God's word to be the first Gentile to hear the Gospel? A BLACK MAN!

    The cheep mormon copy of the Real Jesus is a very hateful, classless, man made, man invented god.. The doctrines and teachings of mormonism, as well as those that invented them deserve no respect.. IHS jim
    I do try and separate the mormon from the mormonism, it is not easy at times, but the few LDSinc. Friends I have agree we do not talk religion, and it works.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    Respect of another's beliefs is not required of the LDS people..
    Just because most of the LDS may not be posting at this time doesn't mean we are going to put up with blantant lies. This is so false how can you even post this with a straight face? At least your wife had the decency to acknowledge when something is unnecessarily offensive.

    We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may.

    You guys need to make up your mind on your criticisms because when we do work with people of other faiths we get criticized for that. An example is when LDS help a Sikh temple, was it?

    After all ever other religion but theirs is part of the Great and Abominable Church of the Devil.. Since mormonism is the only true church, it passes that all others are false.. After all right in their scripture we read:

    1 Nephi 14:10
    There are only two churches, one of the Lamb of God and one of the devil


    Christian insist that they are NOT part of or associated with the LDS church.. That would mean that they would perceive Christians as being part of the Great and Abominable Church of the Devil..

    One of the more contemporary leaders of the LDS church has said:

    This is not just another Church. This is not just one of a family of Christian churches. This is the Church and kingdom of God, the only true Church upon the face of the earth. (Teachings of Ezra Taft Benson, pp. 164-165)

    Is that not evidence that they have no respect for any other religion..
    Absolutely not. Just like when you say "anyone who isn't Christian isn't saved or going to heaven" does THAT mean you don't respect any other religions.

    What a hypocrit.
    Last edited by Snow Patrol; 12-19-2013 at 03:59 PM.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ma'am View Post
    Joseph Smith didn't respect orthodox Christianity, either. Did he have class?
    The Mormons will never, ever say a word against their idol and god, Joe Smith.
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snow Patrol View Post
    Just because most of the LDS may not be posting at this time doesn't mean we are going to put up with blantant lies. This is so false how can you even post this with a straight face? At least your wife had the decency to acknowledge when something is unnecessarily offensive.

    We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may.

    You guys need to make up your mind on your criticisms because when we do work with people of other faiths we get criticized for that. An example is when LDS help a Sikh temple, was it?



    Absolutely not. Just like when you say "anyone who isn't Christian isn't saved or going to heaven" does THAT mean you don't respect any other religions.

    What a hypocrit.
    Hypocrisy? How about your idol and god, Joe Smith claiming on the one hand that he only had one wife, and on the other hand being married to over 34 women? That's fine right?
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snow Patrol View Post
    Hey Apologette, please do yourself and the rest of the world a favor and don't ever lie again saying that you do this out of love for the LDS. By this you clearly show anybody interested enough to read through it that you really don't respect the LDS at all. No class.
    I love all those poor targets out there who YOU and your cohorts are leading to eternal destruction. Why do Mormons believe that lying and concealing the truth about Mormonism and its history is noble? I believe it's ignoble!
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    The mormon Jesus must have had no love for mankind allowing more than 1700 years to pass before repairing the damage done by men to the Church of the first century. Didn't he care about those people? Were they cursed by God?

    Really? Don't you believe that anyone who doesn't accept Jesus as their Savior is doomed to eternal torment? Please tell me how newborns, mentally retarded, or anyone that has lived in an area that has never heard the word Jesus have the chance to accept Christ? Doesn't He care about those people? Were they cursed by God? You religion does not allow for exceptions. Maybe you should slow down in typing your criticism of everything LDS because you are showing your hypocrisy over and over.

  16. #16
    Senior Member James Banta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    9,942

    Default

    [Snow Patrol;151149]Just because most of the LDS may not be posting at this time doesn't mean we are going to put up with blantant lies. This is so false how can you even post this with a straight face? At least your wife had the decency to acknowledge when something is unnecessarily offensive.

    We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may.

    You guys need to make up your mind on your criticisms because when we do work with people of other faiths we get criticized for that. An example is when LDS help a Sikh temple, was it?
    Right here on this forum I have had LDS tell me that "We just have more revelation".. isn't such a statement saying that the LDS church is superior to all other churches? How many times have you said in your heart and with your lips that The LDS church is the "Only True Church"? And you tell me that this isn't calling all other churches false?

    Is that the kind of RESPECT you are offering? Superiority and out and out conceit in believing that only mormonism is right and everyone else is false.. You do say "We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may." Then you send tens of thousands of young missionaries into the world with the message that ONLY mormonism is TRUE, therefore every other church is FALSE"? A Christian missionary has one message that message is Jesus.. His place in the universe (He is God), and what He accomplished as God (Offering us salvation by His grace through faith in Him)..

    There is a huge difference in proclaiming that Jesus is the Way the Truth and the Life that no one comes to the Father but by Him, and a church adding their baptism, their authority, their church membership, and the acceptance of their leaders to the simple qualifications Jesus gave us, "Believe in Me".. We don't believe that anyone that denies the Jesus of the Bible are His children.. If someone isn't in Jesus they are in their sin and God's wrath abides on them. Does mormonism see it as something the Church should do to help or condone the idolatry found in other religions? Those aren't my private teachings that is the word of God.. Inventing your own Jesus writing your own gospel is what is hypocritical. Supporting nonchristian religions is plain wrong.. That is something mormonism does while the Christian Church will never do.. Unless you can show that your Jesus is THE JESUS you are outside the family of God.. You hold an idol to be your god..

    The Bible say that He is God. That God alone is God.. He is One Lord.. God teaches us in His word that no other God not one formed before Him, and not one formed after Him is God.. The Jesus you call god was created after the Father was already God. Because of that God tells us that such a being can't be God.. You can do two things about that passage (Isaiah 43:10). One is to deny it.. The other is to change it's message.. I have seen that attempt and it still doesn't explain how Jesus and the Father are both the God(s) of this world but became God(s) at different times.. I doubt you can understand that passage in any way that makes sense to mormonism. I do wish you would try..


    Absolutely not. Just like when you say "anyone who isn't Christian isn't saved or going to heaven" does THAT mean you don't respect any other religions.

    What a hypocrit.
    No I have no respect for false teachers, or their false religions..

    This is great.. Because I believe God's word I am a hypocrite.. That sounds just like the TV Channel A&E condemning one of their channels stars for holding christian beliefs. Saying that He believed that unconfessed sin will damn the sinners to hell.. Yes you are now totally of the world, You call the teaching of God through His word, evil and the evil of the world (Accepting all men as good) good..

    Here is your verse

    Isaiah 5:20
    Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!


    That is you in the denial of God's word.. IHS jim
    Last edited by James Banta; 12-20-2013 at 08:41 PM.
    Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
    Psalm 119:105

  17. #17
    Senior Member James Banta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    9,942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Apologette View Post
    Hypocrisy? How about your idol and god, Joe Smith claiming on the one hand that he only had one wife, and on the other hand being married to over 34 women? That's fine right?
    Can't you see where I got the defense of the exclusiveness of the Church? It was all biblical.. All directly from God not from me.. Snow is calling God's word Hypocrisy.. That is calling God a liar.. That sounds like serious sin to me.. IHS jim
    Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
    Psalm 119:105

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    Right here on this forum I have had LDS tell me that "We just have more revelation".. isn't such a statement saying that the LDS church is superior to all other churches? How many times have you said in your heart and with your lips that The LDS church is the "Only True Church"? And you tell me that this isn't calling all other churches false? Is that the kind of RESPECT you are offering? Superiority and out and out conceit in believing that only mormonism is right and everyone else id false.. You do say "We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may." Then you send tens of thousands of young missionaries into the world with the message that ONLY mormonism is TRUE, therefore your church is FALSE"? A Christian missionary has one message that message is Jesus.. His place in the universe (He is God), and what He accomplished as God (Offering us salvation by His grace through faith in Him)..

    There is a huge difference in proclaiming that Jesus is the Way the Truth and the Life that no one comes to the Father but by Him, and a church adding their baptism, their authority, their church membership, and the acceptance of their leaders to the simple qualifications Jesus gave us, "Believe in Me".. We don't believe that anyone that denies the Jesus of the Bible are His children.. If someone isn't in Jesus they are in their sin and God's wrath abides on them.. Those are my private teaching that is the word of God.. Inventing your own Jesus writing your own gospel is what is hypocritical.. Unless you can show that your Jesus is THE Jesus you are outside the family of God.. You hold an idol to be your god..

    The Bible say that He is God. That God alone is God.. He is One Lord.. God teaches us in His word that no other God not one formed before Him, and not one formed after Him is God.. The Jesus you call god was created after the Father was already God. Because of that God tells us that such a being can't be God.. You can do two things about that passage (Isaiah 43:10). One is to deny it.. The other is to change it's message.. I have seen that attempt and it still doesn't explain how Jesus and the Father are both the God(s) of this world but became God(s) at different times.. I doubt you can understand that passage in any way that makes sense to mormonism. I do wish you would try..




    This is great.. Because I believe God's word I am a hypocrite.. That sounds just like the TV Channel A&E condemning one of their channels stars for holding christian beliefs. Saying that He believed that unconfessed sin will damn the sinners to hell.. Yes you are now totally of the world, You call the teaching of God through His word, evil and the evil of the world (Accepting all men as good) good..

    Here is your verse

    Isaiah 5:20
    Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!


    That is you in the denial of God's word.. IHS jim
    Nope, you are wrong. I'm calling you the hypocrit. You can try and justify away all you want, but it obvious to anyone with intellectual integrity your hypocrisy.

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Apologette View Post
    The Mormons will never, ever say a word against their idol and god, Joe Smith.
    We have no idol and our God is not "Joe Smith". Stop lying, Apologette.

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snow Patrol View Post
    Really? Don't you believe that anyone who doesn't accept Jesus as their Savior is doomed to eternal torment? Please tell me how newborns, mentally retarded, or anyone that has lived in an area that has never heard the word Jesus have the chance to accept Christ? Doesn't He care about those people? Were they cursed by God? You religion does not allow for exceptions. Maybe you should slow down in typing your criticism of everything LDS because you are showing your hypocrisy over and over.
    Do a study on the Jewish Atonement sacrifices and sins of innocence. After that, actually read the Bible and get your answers.
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

  21. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Erundur View Post
    We have no idol and our God is not "Joe Smith". Stop lying, Apologette.
    "God made Aaron to be the mouthpiece for the children of Israel, and He will make me be god to you in His stead...and if you don't like it, you must lump it!" (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith (http://forums.carm.org/vbb/mormon-books.html#sermons), p.363).
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

  22. #22
    Senior Member James Banta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    9,942

    Default

    [Snow Patrol;151154]Really? Don't you believe that anyone who doesn't accept Jesus as their Savior is doomed to eternal torment?
    Yes I do because that is what God has taught us.. It didn't come from me..

    John 3:36
    He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.


    Mormonism is much different than that.. Believing Jesus isn't enough: The prophet Herold B Lee said "No man can accept Jesus Christ as the Savior of the world, no man can accept this as His church, the Church of Jesus Christ, unless he can accept Joseph Smith as God's mouthpiece and the restorer of His work in these latter days. (The Teachings of Harold B. Lee, [1996], p. 371 as quoted in Ensign (Dec. 2003). There is part of the Hypocrisy of the LDS church.. Adding holding faith in Joseph Smith as a prerequisite for the ability to hold faith in Jesus.. That is totally anti biblical. There is no such teaching that anyone must trust any man to be able to receive faith in Jesus and thereby God's grace.. This is just another lie perpetrated by the LDS church..

    I have always said I believe the Bible. I am not being a hypocrite when I show that I do..

    Please tell me how newborns, mentally retarded, or anyone that has lived in an area that has never heard the word Jesus have the chance to accept Christ? Doesn't He care about those people? Were they cursed by God? You religion does not allow for exceptions. Maybe you should slow down in typing your criticism of everything LDS because you are showing your hypocrisy over and over.
    Firstly the babies, and those still children if only because of a mental handicap Jesus said "Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God." If Jesus tells us that it is that way in His Kingdom, I don't deny the teaching.. After all it is Biblical.. I don't believe mormonism is wrong in their teaching along these lines..

    Next those that live in an area that has never heard the word Jesus have the chance to accept Christ. What does God tell us about them?

    Romans 1:20
    For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse


    You don't like that take it up with God.. After all that is His word on the matter not mine.. I just believe Him, are you willing to do so? IHS jim
    Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
    Psalm 119:105

  23. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    Yes I do because that is what God has taught us.. It didn't come from me..

    John 3:36
    He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.


    Mormonism is much different than that.. Believing Jesus isn't enough: The prophet Herold B Lee said "No man can accept Jesus Christ as the Savior of the world, no man can accept this as His church, the Church of Jesus Christ, unless he can accept Joseph Smith as God's mouthpiece and the restorer of His work in these latter days. (The Teachings of Harold B. Lee, [1996], p. 371 as quoted in Ensign (Dec. 2003). There is part of the Hypocrisy of the LDS church.. Adding holding faith in Joseph Smith as a prerequisite for the ability to hold faith in Jesus.. That is totally anti biblical. There is no such teaching that anyone must trust any man to be able to receive faith in Jesus and thereby God's grace.. This is just another lie perpetrated by the LDS church..

    I have always said I believe the Bible. I am not being a hypocrite when I show that I do..



    Firstly the babies, and those still children if only because of a mental handicap Jesus said "Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God." If Jesus tells us that it is that way in His Kingdom, I don't deny the teaching.. After all it is Biblical.. I don't believe mormonism is wrong in their teaching along these lines..

    Next those that live in an area that has never heard the word Jesus have the chance to accept Christ. What does God tell us about them?

    Romans 1:20
    For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse


    You don't like that take it up with God.. After all that is His word on the matter not mine.. I just believe Him, are you willing to do so? IHS jim
    Jim I've told these Mormons about the Atonement covering sins of innocence many, many times. They feign ignorance of the Christian view. I don't bother with them in this regard anymore since this would be casting pearls over and over to those who trod on them. They simply use it as a diversion tactic anytime they can't think of anything else.
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

  24. #24
    Senior Member James Banta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    9,942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snow Patrol View Post
    Nope, you are wrong. I'm calling you the hypocrit. You can try and justify away all you want, but it obvious to anyone with intellectual integrity your hypocrisy.

    Know what.. You don't matter.. I have shown where my beliefs are rooted.. You call me a hypocrite for believing those teaching what do you call the author of those words? You have made a huge step in calling Good evil.. You have now added God to your list of hypocrites.. Good job.. Let me see.. God is not the greatest being that has ever existed because He himself has a God.. Jesus is the creation of that created God so he is even less of a God that the being He calls Father.. and now those that believe His word are hypocrites for doing so.. Yes indeed you do call Good evil.. I am the hypocrite for believing God, and you are not even though you doubt Him.. Yeah that makes sense.. But since you are LDS you know more than just a Christian. IHS jim
    Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
    Psalm 119:105

  25. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    Know what.. You don't matter.. I have shown where my beliefs are rooted.. You call me a hypocrite for believing those teaching what do you call the author of those words? You have made a huge step in calling Good evil.. You have now added God to your list of hypocrites.. Good job.. Let me see.. God is not the greatest being that has ever existed because He himself has a God.. Jesus is the creation of that created God so he is even less of a God that the being He calls Father.. and now those that believe His word are hypocrites for doing so.. Yes indeed you do call Good evil.. I am the hypocrite for believing God, and you are not even though you doubt Him.. Yeah that makes sense.. But since you are LDS you know more than just a Christian. IHS jim
    I call you a hypocrit for believing one thing and then ridiculing others for believing the same thing. It matters not where they get their beliefs. I can't say I believe Obama is a bad President and then make fun of you for believing Obama is a bad President for a different reason. That is being hypocritical. You can try to write this off any way you want, but still when you hold one belief and then ridicule someone else for holding that same belief then you are a hypocrit. Plain and simple.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •