Thread: 'Twas the Night Before Smithmas!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Pa Pa

Quote Originally Posted by Apologette View Post
    I read a story about one high official's daughter who had no idea that Joe Smith was a polygamist. I have a book on Mormon history put out by the cult which makes absolutely no mention of polygamy - a central practice of early Mormonism. It has been completely sanitized.
    We just finished and entire years studying the teaching of on of our Presidents. Throughout the book it spoke of his polygamy. In Sunday School,mother D&C, and section 132 what discussed. So, it is nonsense that we don't talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by Pa Pa View Post
    We just finished and entire years studying the teaching of on of our Presidents. Throughout the book it spoke of his polygamy. In Sunday School,mother D&C, and section 132 what discussed. So, it is nonsense that we don't talk about.
    That's today, Papa, when the cult is trying to deal with the truth. Look at the older book, "Church History in the Fulness of Times," which I have and try to find it in that. Many younger Mormons are leaving today when confronted with the terrible truth of Smith's lifestyle. Look at the series, "Teachings of the Presidents of the Church," and you'll find scant mentioning of polygamy. The whole sordid thing was covered up and you know it. And that's because down deep Mormons know what a shameful thing it was. Smith was a conman who used his position for sex, money and power, just as Koresh did and just as Jones did. No difference at all.
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by Pa Pa View Post
    Good to hear that you remember the sins of mormonism.. Is it still spoken of as the ordinance that can bring a person to exaltation or is it spoken of as a early church aberration to deal with the large number of women coming to Utah from the "mission field"? You do know that the problem with that is that there was never a surplus of women in Utah.. In the early days when Utah was a Territory men always out numbered women.. That being true the only reason for polygamy was the lust of the men that made up the centers of power within the church hierarchy..

What you were taught is SS if it taught that polygamy was only to deal with the influx of women to Utah was a lie.. The facts make it clear that polygamy was never needed. Tell me why was it tat when the world need to have it's population increase that God still provided one wife for each man? Adam had one wife, the sons of Noah all had one wife.. Polygamy then is a system based only on men's lusts, not at all the teaching of God, nor the kind of marriage wherein God lives.. Understand I am not calling it sin. I am saying that it is not the kind of marriage that God has directed.. When a man becomes involved in that sort of marriage he is automatically disqualified from being a leader of the Church.. IHS jim