Quote Originally Posted by Saxon View Post
It becomes obvious that we are kept if we continue in the faith.
That is NOT what Jude says.

Jude 24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,
25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

That is NOT what Jude says.

We are not saved to become stagnate in our lives. As Christians we are expected to be the Christians that God has created us to be, in Christ Jesus. This requires us to remain in the faith (See Acts 14:22, Colossians 1:23 and 1 Timothy 2:15)
You are creating a RED HERRING because that is NOT what Jude says.

Jude 24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,
25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

No one doubts what you say, but that is a distinct and different matter than what is said in Jude. (This author is the half brother of Jesus.) You are failing to use the whole council of God as you do this, and you are making the verses enemies instead of friends

Acts 14:22 Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God

Colossians 1:23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

1 Timothy 2:15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety
No one doubts what you say, but that is a distinct and different matter than what is said in Jude. (This author is the half brother of Jesus.) You are failing to use the whole council of God as you do this, and you are making the verses enemies instead of friends. The simple fact of the matter is that you seem to be creating an either/or situation when in fact the situation is REALLY both/and. This is what I mean by stating you are not looking at the whole council of God.

NOW can you see what I am saying?