Thread: The three Jewish Temples.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    alanmolstad

while talking about the topic of Jewish temples....

I have been looking and researching the floor plan of the common artwork found in our study bibles about what the Jewish temple area looked like at the time of Christ.

I have come to the conclusion that most all the artwork that show how buildings were setting, and their location are in error.

The main trouble I have is the common way the Roman barracks are shoved up into one little corner of the temple mount.

I dont believe that is correct at all.

I believe that the Roman guard and all the Roman officials and all the troops would have required a monster size area, that would be far, far greater than the area of the temple.

This means that almost everything I see displayed about where the temple was and how it was sitting are likely in error.

alanmolstad

so to sum up my views on the whole "Bible Math" issue.

I believe that every single person that has ever attempted to use the text of the Bible to add up numbers to arrive at a date for the return of Christ or the ending of the world are in error.

They all fail.

The people that try to defend the use of Bible Math always try to point to how a date was predicted in the past, and then slide their own date setting underneath that so that it looks like their own ways to do Bible math are just as true.

But they all fail.
    They fail because they cant actually do Bible math.

What they are doing is allowing their imagination to rule their ability to reason correctly.

They want to believe they have "unlocked" a way to do Bible math so much that they just lose all logic.