Thread: 'Twas the Night Before Smithmas!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Snow Patrol

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    The mormon Jesus must have had no love for mankind allowing more than 1700 years to p*** before repairing the damage done by men to the Church of the first century. Didn't he care about those people? Were they cursed by God?

Really? Don't you believe that anyone who doesn't accept Jesus as their Savior is doomed to eternal torment? Please tell me how newborns, mentally retarded, or anyone that has lived in an area that has never heard the word Jesus have the chance to accept Christ? Doesn't He care about those people? Were they cursed by God? You religion does not allow for exceptions. Maybe you should slow down in typing your criticism of everything LDS because you are showing your hypocrisy over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Patrol View Post
    Really? Don't you believe that anyone who doesn't accept Jesus as their Savior is doomed to eternal torment? Please tell me how newborns, mentally retarded, or anyone that has lived in an area that has never heard the word Jesus have the chance to accept Christ? Doesn't He care about those people? Were they cursed by God? You religion does not allow for exceptions. Maybe you should slow down in typing your criticism of everything LDS because you are showing your hypocrisy over and over.
    Do a study on the Jewish Atonement sacrifices and sins of innocence. After that, actually read the Bible and get your answers.
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

James Banta

[Snow Patrol;151154]Really? Don't you believe that anyone who doesn't accept Jesus as their Savior is doomed to eternal torment?
    Yes I do because that is what God has taught us.. It didn't come from me..

John 3:36
    He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Mormonism is much different than that.. Believing Jesus isn't enough: The prophet Herold B Lee said "No man can accept Jesus Christ as the Savior of the world, no man can accept this as His church, the Church of Jesus Christ, unless he can accept Joseph Smith as God's mouthpiece and the restorer of His work in these latter days. (The Teachings of Harold B. Lee, [1996], p. 371 as quoted in Ensign (Dec. 2003). There is part of the Hypocrisy of the LDS church.. Adding holding faith in Joseph Smith as a prerequisite for the ability to hold faith in Jesus.. That is totally anti biblical. There is no such teaching that anyone must trust any man to be able to receive faith in Jesus and thereby God's grace.. This is just another lie perpetrated by the LDS church..

I have always said I believe the Bible. I am not being a hypocrite when I show that I do..

Please tell me how newborns, mentally retarded, or anyone that has lived in an area that has never heard the word Jesus have the chance to accept Christ? Doesn't He care about those people? Were they cursed by God? You religion does not allow for exceptions. Maybe you should slow down in typing your criticism of everything LDS because you are showing your hypocrisy over and over.
    Firstly the babies, and those still children if only because of a mental handicap Jesus said "Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God." If Jesus tells us that it is that way in His Kingdom, I don't deny the teaching.. After all it is Biblical.. I don't believe mormonism is wrong in their teaching along these lines..

Next those that live in an area that has never heard the word Jesus have the chance to accept Christ. What does God tell us about them?

Romans 1:20
    For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse

You don't like that take it up with God.. After all that is His word on the matter not mine.. I just believe Him, are you willing to do so? IHS jim

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    Yes I do because that is what God has taught us.. It didn't come from me..

John 3:36
    He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Mormonism is much different than that.. Believing Jesus isn't enough: The prophet Herold B Lee said "No man can accept Jesus Christ as the Savior of the world, no man can accept this as His church, the Church of Jesus Christ, unless he can accept Joseph Smith as God's mouthpiece and the restorer of His work in these latter days. (The Teachings of Harold B. Lee, [1996], p. 371 as quoted in Ensign (Dec. 2003). There is part of the Hypocrisy of the LDS church.. Adding holding faith in Joseph Smith as a prerequisite for the ability to hold faith in Jesus.. That is totally anti biblical. There is no such teaching that anyone must trust any man to be able to receive faith in Jesus and thereby God's grace.. This is just another lie perpetrated by the LDS church..

I have always said I believe the Bible. I am not being a hypocrite when I show that I do..

Firstly the babies, and those still children if only because of a mental handicap Jesus said "Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God." If Jesus tells us that it is that way in His Kingdom, I don't deny the teaching.. After all it is Biblical.. I don't believe mormonism is wrong in their teaching along these lines..

Next those that live in an area that has never heard the word Jesus have the chance to accept Christ. What does God tell us about them?

Romans 1:20
    For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse

You don't like that take it up with God.. After all that is His word on the matter not mine.. I just believe Him, are you willing to do so? IHS jim
    Jim I've told these Mormons about the Atonement covering sins of innocence many, many times. They feign ignorance of the Christian view. I don't bother with them in this regard anymore since this would be casting pearls over and over to those who trod on them. They simply use it as a diversion tactic anytime they can't think of anything else.
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."