Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: My daughter came into town yesterday.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Billyray View Post
    The verse that you gave me didn't answer my question so here it is again for you.
    Of the commandments that Jesus told the man to follow, how many had the guy followed?......many?....most?...or all?

alanmolstad

many?

most?

or all?

Billyray

But saying the Father draws all men to Christ is different than saying that the Father draws all men to the Father.
    Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    nope...same thing.
    Do you believe that the Father and the Son are the same person?
    same Lord,,,same God...different persons within the one God.

So they cant be separated and somehow teach that one drew us and not the others..
    . . .
    So if they are different persons then saying the Father draws all men to Christ is different than saying that the Father draws all men to the Father.

alanmolstad

""All these I have kept," the young man said. "What do I still lack"

many?.....most?...or all?

alanmolstad

So if they are different persons then saying the Father draws all men to Christ is different than saying that the Father draws all men to the Father.
    nope.....same thing

Billyray

""All these I have kept," the young man said. "What do I still lack"

many?.....most?...or all?
    The man in question did not obey ALL of the commandment.

So here is my question again for you.

If a person obeys ALL of the commandments ALL of the time does that person need a Savior in order to live with God again?

alanmolstad

many?...most?...or all?

what does it say?

alanmolstad

many?...most?...or all?

Billyray

nope.....same thing
    If I said that Christ died on the cross would it be the same thing to say that the Father died on the cross or the Holy Spirit died on the cross?

alanmolstad

and for anyone watching at home, the correct answer is....ALL !

Billyray

many?...most?...or all?

what does it say?
    The man CLAIMS to have obeyed all of the commandments--Jesus never says that he obeyed all of the commandments. Big difference.

So here is my question again for you.

If a person obeys ALL of the commandments ALL of the time does that person need a Savior in order to live with God again?

alanmolstad

so the correct answer to my question points out the flaw in the thinking that just keeping a law gets a person to heaven....it dont!

works dont save us....nothing we can "do" with our arms and legs get our heart right with god...

Billyray

and for anyone watching at home, the correct answer is....ALL !
    Do you honestly believe that the man who made that claim had lived a perfect life not ever committing a single sin?

Billyray

so the correct answer to my question points out the flaw in the thinking that just keeping a law gets a person to heaven....it dont!
    If a person kept all of the commandments all of the time--living a life just like Jesus--what would be the basis for sending that person to Hell?

alanmolstad

Jesus then goes on to next tell the guy that regardless of the kept Law you still have to get your heart right with God...

and Jesus tells the man how to do this...

"Follow Me"

This was the same thing that Jesus asked Peter and the 12 to do at the start when he asked them to "Follow me"

The difference is that Peter and the 12 dropped everything and went with Jesus, whereas this guy walks away feeling sad over how it would hurt to be poor...

alanmolstad

If a person kept all of the commandments all of the time--living a life just like Jesus--what would be the basis for sending that person to Hell?
    Matthew 7:23

alanmolstad

Do you honestly believe that the man who made that claim had lived a perfect life not ever committing a single sin?
    I believe only what the text says....I dont need to force it to say things it does not say...

Billyray

Jesus then goes on to next tell the guy that regardless of the kept Law you still have to get your heart right with God...
    Then by your own admission he didn't keep ALL of the commandments ALL of the time. Remember that during Christ's lifetime they were still under the Law.

Billyray

I believe only what the text says....I dont need to force it to say things it does not say...
    Would you say that a person who keeps ALL of the commandments ALL of the time would be considered "good"?

alanmolstad

Then by your own admission he didn't keep ALL of the commandments ALL of the time. Remember that during Christ's lifetime they were still under the Law.
    Jesus listed the Laws for the guy...so you and I don't have to guess if the guy kept the right laws or not,,,
    Jesus lists them for him!!!!!!

and how many of the ones that Jesus listed did the guy keep?...many...most?..or all?

(LOL, You wont answer that question because you see now how your whole position is destroyed in the words of the Bible ...if my own positions were as weak I would not like the question too)
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 05-04-2014 at 04:34 AM.

alanmolstad

Would you say that a person who keeps ALL of the commandments ALL of the time would be considered "good"?
    Luke 18:22
    When Jesus heard this, he said to him, "You still lack one thing"

Good?....no, I think the word I would use would be "lacking"

Billyray

Jesus listed the Laws for the guy...so you and I don't have to guess if the guy kept the right laws or not,,,Jesus lists them for him!!!!!!

and how many of the ones that Jesus listed did the guy keep?...many...most?..or all?

(LOL, You wont answer that question because you see now how your whole position is destroyed in the words of the Bible ...if my own positions were as weak I would not like the question too)
    Why laugh when I have answered your question AND you are wrong on this point and I am right. Now if anything is funny the irony of the situation is funny.

And here is your answer again--He absolutely did not keep them all.

Can you honestly say that you believe that this man kept ALL of the commandments ALL of the time?

And if you ever feel inclined to answer my question that would be much appreciated. Here it is again for you. If a person obeys ALL of the commandments ALL of the time does that person need a Savior in order to live with God again?

alanmolstad

many?......most?...or all?.....LOL

Billyray

Luke 18:22
    When Jesus heard this, he said to him, "You still lack one thing"

Good?....no, I think the word I would use would be "lacking"
    If the man was lacking something then by your own admission he did not keep all of the commandments.

Billyray

many?......most?...or all?.....LOL
    Perhaps you didn't read my post. Here it is again for you.
    Why laugh when I have answered your question AND you are wrong on this point and I am right. Now if anything is funny the irony of the situation is funny.

And here is your answer again--He absolutely did not keep them all.

Can you honestly say that you believe that this man kept ALL of the commandments ALL of the time?

And if you ever feel inclined to answer my question that would be much appreciated. Here it is again for you. If a person obeys ALL of the commandments ALL of the time does that person need a Savior in order to live with God again?